The HED at Stanmore Madressa held a workshop with Christian scholar Dr Chris Hewer recently and the following was written by a student who attended.
Community Development in Kosovo
For nearly 3 years now, The World Federation has been actively supporting Tableegh activities in Kosovo. These activities include publishing literature in the Albanian language and Islamic children’s books. Our work in Kosovo is expanding with the objective of providing the Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim community with long term development projects that focus on tableegh, stability and collaboration.
Our initiatives in Kosovo will provide continuous support to organisations such as:
• NISA – whose aim is to spread the teachings of the AhlulBayt (as)
• NAIM FRASHERI - an international research institute set up by the Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim community of Pristina, Kosovo and headed by Sr. Ikballe Huduti
Through the support of The World Federation and its donors, NISA and NAIM FRASHERI have achieved great feats in 2015:
1. Translation of ‘Hajj: A Spiritual Journey’ lecture series by Dr. Mahmood Husain Datoo into Albanian;
2. Book distribution – ‘The Principles of Religion’ (otherwise known as ‘Principet e Fese’); this book introduces the basic principles of Islam, and to present Islam to the modern human through examples of scientific teachings which intertwine with all aspects of life;
3. Publishing of VLERA magazine four times a year; this publication covers important topics such as family values, good morals and biographies of holy personalities. The magazine is regularly distributed to a number of institutions including colleges, ministries, schools, and is also sold at local kiosks. This is a fantastic initiative by NISA to reach out to people and promote the message of the Ahlulbayt (AS).
These projects are designed to give the community in Kosovo the opportunity to learn more about the AhlulBayt (as) and to promote their Holy message. The World Federation will continue to support NISA and its sister organization NAIM FRASHERI in their efforts to promote the true message of Islam.
Be part of this and many other tableegh projects by making a donation to the Islamic Education Tableegh Fund. Your support will change lives.
Imam Ali (as) was the first of the twelve Imams and the youngest of the four sons of Abu Talib and Fatema binte Asad.
The 3rd Youth Course for Girls aged 10 to 14 years was organised by The World Federation India Office from 23rd to 25th Dec 2014. 36 first time students attended the 2 days and 2 nights residential course and came from all over India.