Once again Exam time had arrived and in preparation for this an intensive AQA GCSE RS Exam Skills Course was held at Al-Muntazir Islamic Seminary (ALMIS) in Dar es Salaam. The course facilitated by Sister Mehjabeen Rahim, GCSE Coordinator of the WF Islamic Education, was tailored to train and prepare students sitting the AQA GCSE Religious Studies Unit 8 and Unit 9 exams this summer.
Posted on Tue, 2016-10-18 10:48
The World Federation Islamic Short Course for couples
Applications now open!
The World Federation is pleased to announce that applications are now open for an Islamic Short Course for couples, to be held in Qum. The course is ideal for couples to gain a deeper understanding of Islam and each other for the future of their lives together, whilst performing the Ziyarat of Imam al-Ridha (AS) and Sayyida Fatima al-Ma’sooma (AS).
Dates: Friday 14th April 2017 to Sunday 23rd April 2017 - Applicants must arrive to Qum no later than Thursday 13th April 2017.
Heavily Subsidised!! Cost per couple: GBP 700 / EUR 800/ USD 900
This fee includes:
Flights: Tehran - Mashhad - Tehran
Internal Transfers: Tehran - Qum - Tehran
All internal daily transport
4 nights’ hotel stay in Mashhad
7 nights’ hotel stay in Qum
A day trip to Tehran
3 meals per day
All teaching, instruction and visits to scholars
Please note the fee does not include:
Airfare to and from Iran
Any extra days spent in Iran before or after the course
Money for shopping, personal necessities, etc.
Insurance and any medical expense in Iran
Who can apply?
Age Group: 22 years - 45 years.
The minimum number required for the course is 5 couples (10 individuals) and only a maximum of 10 couples (20 individuals) will be accepted.
Please note, the course is not suitable for children and no child-minding arrangements will be made.
The course is tailored to:
1. Enable participants to discuss various challenges they face and to seek advice and guidance on these issues.
2. Provide participants with an overview of Islamic Family Ethics.
3. Help couples seek academic and authoritative responses to the various ideological questions on Islam.
4. Encourage the sharing of experiences between participants and experts/specialised teachers in the Islamic Seminary.
5. Achieve spiritual upliftment through some Ibadat programmes and ethical discussions.
6. Meet and interact with some renowned scholars & Maraje.
7. Allow interaction, exchange of ideas and networking with like-minded individuals.
8. Performing the Ziyarat of Imam al-Ridha (AS) and Sayyida Fatima al-Ma’sooma (AS).
1. Ziyarat of Imam Ali al-Ridha (AS)
2. Ziyarat of Sayyida Fatima al-Ma’sooma (SA)
3. Tour of Qum and historical sites
4. Meetings with scholars & other renowned personalities
5. Visit to the Holy Mosque of Jamkaran on a Tuesday night
6. Day trip to Tehran and its main religious sites
The Educational Programme will consist of a mixture of formal and informal sessions with scholars and experts. The sessions will cover:
Islamic Family Ethics
Spirituality in the school of the Ahlul-Bait (AS)
The Philosophy & Etiquette of Ziyarat
The deadline for applications is 25th Feb 2017. Places are very limited so book early!
For more information email email@example.com
Read the terms & conditions here.
Read our previous Couples Retreat report here.
Click here to view the poster.
The Islamic Education Department of the World Federation of KSIMC and WF India office organised a course on Hadith in the month of Ramadhan at Bhavnagar.
The memory of my first day in Iran is still fresh in my mind; climbing up the slight slope towards the Jamia blocks, dragging my heavy suitcases and being greeted warmly by the mentors who had already arrived. That’s when it hit home. This is real. This is the beginning - the first step.