Despite the cold weather, members of the Zainabiya Islamic Centre, together with representatives from numerous faiths, took to the streets on Saturday 21st November 2015 as part of a peaceful procession to promote ‘Peace and Humanity’.
The World Federation's Islamic Education in collaboration with The Council of European Jamaats will be holding a Khums seminar on Saturday 4th May at Hujjat Islamic Centre. Wood Lane, Stanmore, HA7 4LQ England.
This seminar aims to provide practical guidance on how Khums is to be calculated according to the most up-to-date rulings of Ayatullah Sistani (may Allah protect him).
The seminar will feature Maulana Sayyid Muhammad Rizvi, Shaykh Ali Abbas Malik, Shaykh Mohammad Al-Hilli, and Shaykh Mohammed Ali Ismail who will speak about different dimensions of Khums, and will help answer some key questions about this important area of Islamic law; questions such as:
- If I have a mortgage, do I need to pay Khums?
- What expenses are deductible from my end-of-year surplus?
- Why is Khums obligatory?
- What happens to my Khums after I’ve paid it?
In order to provide accurate catering services for all, please register your attendance here.
The seminar is open to ladies and gents and will start at 6 PM, followed by Nyaz/Iftar after Maghribain salaat.
We will conduct a live broadcast of the seminar on the Hujjat website from 6pm.
To learn more about Khums click here.
Updated 18 December 2013
The long-awaited, eagerly-anticipated second volume of the amazing commentary on Ziyarat-e Ashura by Shaykh Muhammad Khalfan, is now available to purchase from The World Federation.
Updated 13 November 2013
This is the 11th issue of the MCE mailshot. When we sent the first issue, we explained that the purpose of the newsletter was to:
1. Update you on the progress made by MCE and its activities
2. Share good practices that are happening in other madrasah around the world
3. Share news of important developments in the field of madrasah education
4. Listen to you and take your feedback, suggestions and new ideas.