n the quest of providing a service to the Women of the Community on 29th October 2013 the manager of The World Federation India Office, Asad Virani, visited Jamiat Fatima (sa) at Mira Road.
Updated on 12 March 2018
Following months of preparation and coordination, The World Federation, in partnership with The Africa Federation (AFED), The Council of European Jamaats (CoEJ), and the North American Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim Communities Organisation (NASIMCO) is pleased to announce the launch of the renowned Madinah al-Ilm and Bab al-Ilm Youth Summer Courses in Iran.
These courses are truly life-changing and have been described by many as one that they will never forget.
1. The Madinah al-Ilm course is for boys and girls (separate camps) between the ages of 18 and 24 years old and will run from 4 August to 24 August 2014 InshAllah.
2. The Bab al-Ilm course is for boys and girls (separate camps) between the ages of 14 and 17 years old and will run from 4 August to 24 August 2014 InshAllah.
(Please note: There may be slight variations in the dates for each region based on regional flight itineraries)
This year, participants will have the opportunity to visit the cities of Qum, Mashhad and Tehran.
The programme is heavily subsidised and each participant is encouraged to pay a minimum of the subsidised cost. If an applicant can afford to pay the full amount, then they must do so.
The full and subsidised costs per region are as follows:
Europe full cost - £1,400
Europe subsidised cost - £900
Africa full cost - $2,850 USD
Africa subsidised cost - $1,850 USD
North America full cost - $3,500 USD/CD
North America subsidised cost - $2,400 USD/CD
Dubai full cost - $1650 (excluding flight and visa costs)
Dubai subsidised cost - $950 USD (excluding flight and visa costs)
If you would like to attend but are financially unable to do so, please contact your regional federation in confidence. Any requests for additional subsidies will not be considered after an application has been accepted.
There are a number of ways to find out more about these excellent courses, including the following:
• Daily blogs from last year’s courses
• Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
• Rules and regulations and Dress Code
How to Apply
To apply as a participant, complete the application form
Those having difficulties submitting the online application form should email us atMadinahBabcourse@world-federation.org and we will send a word document version of the application form to complete.
Please note that your application will not be considered, unless we receive the following:
• A scanned copy in jpeg of your passport photo page. Your passport must be valid until at least April 2015.
• A copy of a recent passport sized photograph in jpeg, taken in the last 6 months. Photos of female applicants must be in full hijab, otherwise the visa application will be automatically rejected.
• A deposit of £50/$50 to be paid to your regional federation - the deposit will be refunded for those who are unsuccessful in their application.
Deadline for Applications
The subsidised costs are heavily subsidised and there are limited places available. The deadline for applications is 15 April 2014.
Please note that for those applying as a participant, if we are happy that an applicant has met the selection criteria, places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Donations & Sponsorships
These courses are only possible through the kind donations of our supporters. Please donate generously and earn eternal reward for you and your marhumeen.
Click here to view 2013 promotional video
Mentor applications – coming soon
Mentor applications will soon be open in due course for those over the age of 18. Successful applicants must be available to attend the course and mentor training from approximately Thursday 31 July to Sunday 3 August 2014.
The World Federation India Office in partnership with KSI Jamaat Mumbai conducted Workshops on Ahkam-e Mayyit on 9 February 2014 for gents and ladies. The Workshops were well attended by 45 participants. There were a few participants who were as young as 15 years of age.
The workshop aims were to give practical training to the participants on:
• How to handle a Dead Body with Respect
• How to conduct Ghusl, Hunut, Kafan
• How to conduct Namaz-e Mayyit, and Burial
• The rules concerning Post-Burial
Read the Ashura message fro Shaykh Murtadha Alidina.