The World Federation of KSIMC is pleased to announce that applications are now open for an Islamic Short Course for couples, to be held in Qum. The course is ideal for couples to gain a deeper understanding of Islam for the future of their lives together.
Posted on Tue, 2016-02-23 14:03
Following months of preparation and coordination, The World Federation, in partnership with The Africa Federation (AFED), The Council of European Jamaats (CoEJ), and the North American Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim Communities Organisation (NASIMCO) is pleased to announce the launch of the renowned Madinah al-Ilm and Bab al-Ilm Youth Summer Courses in Iran.
These courses are truly life-changing and have been described by many as one that they will never forget.
1. The Madinah al-Ilm course is for boys and girls (separate camps) between the ages of 18 and 24 years old and will run from 31 July to 20 August 2016 InshAllah.
2. The Bab al-Ilm course is for boys and girls (separate camps) between the ages of 14 and 17 years old and will run from 31 July to 20 August 2016 InshAllah.
(Please note: There may be slight variations in the dates for each region based on regional flight itineraries)
Participants will have the opportunity to visit the cities of Qum, Mashhad, Tehran, and a tourist spot.
The programme is heavily subsidised and each participant is encouraged to pay a minimum of the subsidised cost. If an applicant can afford to pay the full amount, then they must do so.
The full and subsidised costs per region are as follows:
- Europe full cost - GBP £1,620
- Europe subsidised cost - GBP £1,020
- Africa full cost - $2,700 USD
- Africa subsidised cost - $1, 700 USD
- North America full cost - $3,800 CAD / $2,900 USD
- North America subsidised cost - $2,600 CAD / $1,900 USD
- Middle East full cost - $1,200 USD (excluding flight and visa costs)
- Middle East subsidised cost - $800 USD (excluding flight and visa costs)
- Other countries full cost - $1,200 USD (excluding flight and visa costs)
- Other countries subsidised cost - $900 USD (excluding flight and visa costs)
There are a number of ways to find out more about these excellent courses, including the following:
• Click here to read 2015’s report – MUST READ
• Daily blogs from last year’s courses
• Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions
• Click here to read the Terms and Conditions of the course
• Click here to watch the promotional DVD in HD
• Click here to view the CoEJ poster
• Click here to view the Middle East poster
• Click here to view the NASIMCO poster
• Click here to view the WF poster
How to Apply
To apply as a participant please click here
Participants from Europe please click here
Those having difficulties submitting the online application form should email us at MadinahBabcourse@world-federation.org and we will send a word document version of the application form to complete.
Please note that your application will not be considered, unless we receive the following:
• A scanned copy in jpeg of your passport photo page. Your passport must be valid until at least April 2017.
• A copy of a recent passport sized photograph in jpeg, taken in the last 6 months. Photos of female applicants must be in full hijab, otherwise the visa application will be automatically rejected.
• Deposit must be paid to your respective regional federation - the deposit will be refunded for those who are unsuccessful in their application.
CoEJ: GBP 200
AFED: USD 300
NASMICO: USD 300
Middle East: GBP 100
Others: GBP 100
Deadline for Applications:
The subsidised costs are heavily subsidised and there are limited places available. The deadline for applications is 1st May 2016.
Please note that for those applying as a participant, if we are happy that an applicant has met the selection criteria, places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Donations & Sponsorships
These courses are only possible through the kind donations of our supporters. Please donate generously and earn eternal reward for you and your respected Marhumeen.
Click here to go to our donations page.
For more information or to make a donation email: MadinahBabCourse@world-federation.org
Mentor applications are now available for those who are preferably 21 years to 35 years old. Successful applicants must be available to attend the course and mentor training from approximately Thursday 28 July to Saturday 20 August 2016.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please email click here for the job description and application.
For more information or to make a donation, please email email@example.com
Its 11am here now and the temperature is at 40°. I have had a 5 hour sleep which should be good enough to get me going for what is my D Day today.
I come out of the tent and see people all dressed in white, some performing their wudhoo whilst some praying despite the intense heat. The Adhaan is then heard and everyone rushes to their tents to perform their prayers. Thereafter the whole place goes quiet.
Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing you to the mentors that have been selected to accompany the group this year.
1. Sister Musarrat Pyarali – Montreal, Canada
Born in Congo, Musarrat moved to Canada at the age of 9 and has been residing in Montreal since. Chartered accountant by day and knowledge seeker by night, Musarrat has been working full time for an auditing firm since she completed her Graduate Diploma in Chartered Accountancy in 2011.