After the classes, my fellow participants and I were privileged to get an invitation for lunch by Imam Redha (AS). It was a great honor; I felt that our Imam (AS) loved us all irrespective of our geographical or racial backgrounds.
Posted on Thu, 2017-03-23 16:17
Following months of preparation and coordination, The World Federation, in partnership with The Africa Federation (AFED) and The Council of European Jamaats (CoEJ) is pleased to announce the launch of the renowned Madinah al-Ilm and Bab al-Ilm Youth Summer Courses in Iran.
These courses are truly life-changing and have been described by many as one that they will never forget.
- The Madinah al-Ilm course is for boys and girls (separate camps) between the ages of 18 and 24 years old and will run from 17 July to 06 August 2017.
- The Bab al-Ilm course is for boys and girls (separate camps) between the ages of 14 and 17 years old and will run from 17 July to 06 August 2017.
(Please note: There may be slight variations in the dates for each region based on regional flight itineraries)
Participants will have the opportunity to visit the cities of Qum, Mashhad, Tehran, and a tourist spot.
The programme is heavily subsidised, and each participant is encouraged to pay a minimum of the subsidised cost. If an applicant can afford to pay the full amount, they must do so.
The full and subsidised costs per region are as follows:
- Europe full cost - GBP 1,700
- Europe subsidised cost - GBP 1,350
- Africa Mainland full cost - USD 2,700
- Africa Mainland subsidised cost - USD 1,700
- Africa Island full cost - USD 1,200 (excluding flight and visa costs)
- Africa Island subsidised cost - USD 200 (excluding flight and visa costs)
- The Middle East full cost - USD 1,200 USD (excluding flight and visa costs)
- The Middle East subsidised cost - USD 800 (excluding flight and visa costs)
- Other countries full cost - USD 1,200 (excluding flight and visa costs)
- Other countries subsidised cost - USD 900 (excluding flight and visa costs)
There are a number of ways to find out more about these excellent courses, including the following:
Click here to read 2016’s report – MUST READ
Click here to view Frequently Asked Questions
Terms and Conditions of the course
Click here to watch the promotional footage in HD
Click here to view the AFED poster
Click here to view the CoEJ poster
Click here to view the Middle East poster
Click here to view the WF poster
How to Apply
To apply as a participant, complete the application form here.
CoEJ participants should complete this application form.
Those having difficulties submitting the online application form should email us at MadinahBabcourse@world-federation.org, and we will send a word document version of the application form to complete.
Please note that your application will not be considered unless we receive the following:
• A scanned copy in jpeg of your passport photo page. Your passport must be valid until at least April 2018.
• A copy of a recent passport sized photograph in jpeg, taken in the last 6 months. Photos of female applicants must be in full hijab. Otherwise, the visa application will be automatically rejected.
• Deposit must be paid to your respective regional federation - the deposit will be refunded for those who are unsuccessful in their application.
* CoEJ: GBP 200
* AFED: USD 300
* Middle East: GBP 100
* Others: GBP 100
Deadline for Applications:
The subsidised costs are heavily subsidised, and there are limited places available. The deadline for applications is 1st April 2017.
Please note that for those applying as participants, if we are happy that an applicant has met the selection criteria, places will be allocated on a first come first serve basis.
Mentor applications are now available for those who are 21 years of age or older, preferably. Successful applicants must be available to attend the course and mentor training from approximately
Thursday 13 July to Saturday 15 August 2017.
If you are interested in becoming a mentor, please email click here for the job description and application.
For more information or to make a donation, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Donations & Sponsorships
These courses are only possible through the kind donations of our supporters. Please donate generously and earn eternal reward for you and your respected Marhumeen.
Click here to go to our donations page.
For more information or to make a donation email: MadinahBabCourse@world-federation.org
There were 36 students in total, supported by 6 mentors and 2 administrative personnel. The team included a Food & Nutrition specialist, a Doctor, a Banker, a Vocational Course expert and an E-Commerce specialist.