The World Federation is pleased to announce its first ever kindle book. We have now published the book 'Ways of the Righteous' authored by Shaykh Jaffer Ladak.
Updated on 12 March 2018
Role Description and Person Specification
Dates: Tuesday 18th July to Saturday 11th August 2018
- Inspire young people to better understand themselves and their religion
- Engage in a unique personal development journey for yourself and your mentees
- A wide range of course activities – both physical and spiritual
- Develop social bonds with a variety of age groups from different backgrounds
- Expand your Islamic knowledge, via direct access to ulama
- Pick up on new skills that you can add to your CV/resume
- Be in Iran throughout the period of the mentor training programme and the course - from 18th July to 11th August 2018.
- Undergo a full-time mentor training programme in Qum for 3 days from 18th July to 20th July 2018.
The mentor will:
- Support the organising team in running the course.
- Assist with the personal development of a small group of participants.
- Facilitate participants with their learning by helping them to reflect and discuss what they have been taught.
- Act as a liaison between the participants and The WF Qum Office.
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the organisers on current progress and make recommendations for improvements.
- Take good quality photos and videos and send them to the organisers in a timely manner.
- Get their mentees ready on time.
- Submit a report on return to their home country and participate in debrief sessions.
- Be a good role model for their mentees.
- Organise logistics of the course.
- Be responsible for the participants’ primary religious learning or for answering high-level questions.
- Deal with any serious medical or disciplinary issues.
- Experience with working with youths.
- A practical understanding of Islamic laws and ethics.
- Good organisation and planning skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- A good ability to deal with conflict.
- An excellent ability to collaborate with others and contribute as part of a team.
- Excellent communication and listening skills.
- Either a Disclosure and Barring Service (DBS) certificate in place already or the applicant will cooperate with WF and it's Regional partners so that a DBS check can be undertaken. For applicants from outside the UK, equivalent checks and documentation will be required, where relevant.
- 21 years of age or older.
- A graduate of the Madinah or Bab al-Ilm course.
- Trained in First Aid.
- Able to communicate in Persian.
How to Apply:
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for NASIMCO applications is 1st April 2018.
The deadline for all other applications is 15th April 2018.
Mentor Training Blogs:
Click here for the mentor training blogs from past years:
Madinah & Bab Course Report - 2017:
Click here to read 2017’s report – MUST READ
Terms and Conditions:
Click here for Rules and Regulations/dress code
Frequently Asked Questions:
Click here for the FAQs
If you have any questions or require any further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org .
The Mulla Asgher Memorial Library and Islamic Resource Centre (MARC) was the culmination of an idea initiated by the then World Federation President, Dr Hasnain Walji, whose vision was to set up centres of knowledge in the memory of Marhum Mulla Asgharali M. M. Jaffer.