Despite his great wisdom and fame as a leading scholar and revolutionary of thought in the history of the school of Tashayyu, few written works of Sheikh al-Mufid have survived the years.
Posted on Tue, 2015-03-31 10:40
The World Federation of KSIMC is pleased to announce that mentor applications for the Madinah and Bab al-Ilm short summer course 2015 are now open.
To apply as a mentor or for more information, please see the details below.
Role Description and Person Specification
Role purpose: To assist in the spiritual, social, emotional and intellectual development of the course participants.
- Have the opportunity to inspire youth to understand themselves and their religion by listening to them and sharing your experiences
- Engage in a unique personal development journey for yourself and those around you
- Get paid living expenses and the ability to participate in all course activities.
- Develop social bonds with a variety of age groups from different cultures.
The mentor should:
- Be in Iran throughout the period of approximately 19th July to 12th August 2015 as part of the Course, and the mentor development programme
- Submit a report on return to their home country as well as participate in debrief sessions to provide feedback for future years
- Support the organizing team and proactively assist for the next courses.
Successful applicants must be able and willing to attend a full-time training session in Qum, Iran for 4 days from 19th July to 22nd July 2015.
Mentor Job Description:
Please find the pdf Mentor job description attached below.
How to Apply:
Click here for the Application form
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for submitting the mentor application is 30th April 2015
Mentor Training Blogs:
Click here for the mentor training blogs from past years.
Terms and Conditions:
Click here for Rules and Regulations/dress code.
My second morning at Jamiatuz Zahra Hawza was calm and relaxed. We woke up to find that COEJ Participants had arrived from the UK. After introducing ourselves to our new roommates, we all started preparing ourselves for the day’s program.
After Salaat and Lunch, we had a short ice breaker session where we got to know a little bit about each other. The ground rules for the camp were set and the session ended with the mentors and participantssharing their reflections on the etiquettes of Ziyarah to prepare ourselves for the evening trip to the Haram of Seyyida Masuma (AS).
The birthday of Holy Prophet (PBUH) & Imam Jaffer Sadiq (a.s.) was commemorated at Dar al-Zahra. Addressed by Sheikh Amin Rastani, the program started with recitation of Holy Quran & Manqabat.
Emphasizing on the importance of "Week of unity among Shias and Sunnis", Sheikh stated that such events play a vital role in bringing the Muslims closer to each other