The World Federation is pleased to announce the publication of the Swahili translation of ‘Mukhtar: How He Avenged the Karbala Perpetrators’, authored by Dr Mahmood Datoo. This is yet another important milestone in External Tableegh work. The printing work has been undertaken by the Al-Itrah Foundation of Dar es Salaam.
Posted on Mon, 2016-02-22 12:08
Role Description and Person Specification
Role purpose: To assist in the spiritual, social, emotional and intellectual development of the course participants.
- Have the opportunity to inspire youth to understand themselves and their religion by listening to them and sharing your experiences
- Engage in a unique personal development journey for yourself and those around you
- Ability to participate in all course activities.
- Develop social bonds with a variety of age groups from different cultures.
The mentor should:
- Be in Iran throughout the period of approximately 28 July to 20 August 2016 as part of the Course, and the mentor development programme
- Submit a report on return to their home country as well as participate in debrief sessions to provide feedback for future years
- Support the organizing team and proactively assist for the next courses.
Successful applicants must be able and willing to attend a full-time training session in Qum, Iran for 3 days from 28 July to 30 July 2016.
How to Apply:
Deadline for Application:
The deadline for submitting the mentor application is 6th May 2016
The mentor will:
- Be responsible for supporting the personal development of a small group of participants
- Facilitate learning for participants by helping them reflect and discuss what they have been taught
- Act as a liaison between between students, WF Qum Office and the WF
- Provide regular updates and feedback to the organizing team on current progress and make recommendations for improvements.
- Take good quality photos and provide communication updates of the course via social media (Facebook, twitter, etc.)
The mentor will not:
- Organize the overall logistics of the course.
- Be responsible for the participants’ primary religious teaching.
- Be responsible for dealing with any serious medical or disciplinary emergencies. These will be dealt with by the WF Qum Office.
Please note: This list is not exhaustive and therefore any further tasks work that may be a part of the mentor’s duties may also be incorporated into this schedule at a later date.
Age Criteria: Preferably 21 years to 35 years old
- The applicant should have experience of working with youths (e.g., in the KSI community)
- The applicant should preferably be a graduate of the Bab or Madinah al-Ilm course
- Have a practical understanding of Islamic ethics
- Ability to administer First Aid. Successful participants who do not possess this can be trained on this after their applications are successful;
- Knowledge of Farsi is desirable, not essential.
- Well organised, plans ahead and highlights problems in advance.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to deal with conflict.
- Able to collaborate with others and contribute as part of a team in order to achieve a common goal, as opposed to working independently or competitively.
- Excellent communication, listening and questioning skills
- Possessing a proactive approach and attitude to one’s duties; sees tasks through to completion.
- Able to see the ‘bigger picture’ and to realize the implications of one’s actions;
If you have any questions or require any further information, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Mentor Training Blogs:
Click here for the mentor training blogs from past years:
Madinah & Bab Course Report-2015:
Click here to read 2015’s report – MUST READ
Click here to view promotional video (coming soon)
Terms and Conditions:
Click here for Rules and Regulations/dress code
Click here to read the FAQS
Updated 6 August 2013
Following months of preparation and coordination, The World Federation, in partnership with The Africa Federation (AFED), The Council of European Jamaats (CoEJ), and the North American Shia Ithna-Asheri Muslim Communities Organisation (NASIMCO) is pleased to announce that the renowned Madinah and Bab Summer Courses are underway.
Use the links below to follow the journey of the lucky participants and mentors from 10 August to 31 August 2013.
iSistani is the first fully offline iOS app with the laws of The Grand Ayatullah al-Sayyid Ali al-Husaini al-Sistani.