Over the next few weeks, we will be introducing you to the mentors that have been selected to accompany the group this year.
Posted on Mon, 2015-09-07 14:56
The Council of European Jamaats (CoEJ) held the Neuro-Psychology of Learning Programme for Madrasah teachers earlier this year.
Madrasah teachers from Wessex, Stanmore, Birmingham, Leeds, Milton Keynes, Leicester, Hujjat Saturday Workshop, Peterborough, Paris South, Hyderi and Essex attending the programme which was held on 30-31st May 2015, and 6th-7th June 2015.
The 2-day programme aimed to help madrasah teachers understand themselves and their students better and to positively inspire the next generation. This was carried out by engaging in various activities where participants identified their own temperament and interaction style, and discussed ways on how to engage with individuals of another temperament.
Day 2 consisted of how we could apply the learning of Day 1 through the ‘TEACH’ model and how to increase student motivation, student engagement and teacher effectiveness. Various examples of activities included card sorting, group discussions and designing a T-Shirt to help consolidate the learning of the 2 days.
The participants also discussed the strengths and challenges as a teacher and how these could be overcome by effectively adapting to other styles. At the end of day two, two performance models were highlighted which gave the teachers ideas on how to motivate positive learning within the classroom.
At the end of day 2, participants:
- Experienced a comprehensive self-assessment covering key psychological frameworks involved in learning
- Reviewed in detail the learning needs, energies and thinking approaches for different students
- Identified the inherent strengths and challenges they might face as a teacher based on their needs, energy and thinking approach
- Learned how to adapt their style to teach more effectively
- Established an action plan to apply these skills and techniques in everyday situations
The day ended by devising an action plan which highlighted areas to implement.
Hajj Special link
Tafseer (Commentary) of Sura Qadr taken from Shaykh Muhsin Qara’ati’s Tafseer Noo