The Asian Weekly recently interviewed Dr Hasnain Walji during his trip to East Africa. Dr Hasnain is the director and producer of the documentary, 'The Khojas: A Journey of Faith'.
Posted on Wed, 2015-11-11 16:19
Dear Community Members,
I am very pleased to be able to tell you all about the launch of our very own Khums Calculator app.
Some of the objectives of creating this app are as follows:
• To assist community members in working out their khums liabilities;
• To provide an annual reminder when khums is required to be paid;
• To raise awareness of khums as an obligation;
• To provide a means of storing khums data (confidentially) to make it easier to work out future khums dues;
• To provide an efficient and simple method of payment;
• To act as a resource of finding out about what khums is due and how it is calculated. To download the Android version of the app visit the Google play store and search for ‘Khums calculator’ .
Please do download it and as this is the first app we have created we are very keen to get your feedback. If you have any comments, questions or suggestions please do not hesitate to get in contact with me; I am always open to hearing your thoughts! You can email me directly at email@example.com . In addition, if you have any ideas about other Apps we could develop which would benefit our global community, please do share them with us.
The iOS (Apple) version of the app is under development and will inshallah be launched in the next few weeks.
I hope you all find this app as useful as I do!
With Salaams & duas,
For more information on the Khums App - click here.
Over the past couple of decades, Zainabiyya Child Sponsorship Scheme has helped over 25,000 young people.
Najaf, also known as Ghariyy, can be considered a capital not only for Shia Hawzas of Iraq but also for various Shia hawzas across the globe. The unique academic nature of this city dates back to its establishment in 450 A.H.