In September 2014, the Indian state of Jammu and Kashmir faced its worst floods in over 60 years.
Posted on Wed, 2014-07-02 23:40
Bring back the smiles on the faces of children in Iraq
Every day in Iraq, the lives of thousands of children are being torn apart by the ongoing violence that is slowly spreading in the nation. More than 1 million people are internally displaced in northern and central Iraq, including half a million children. In Najaf, children including countless orphans are living in fear, terrified that the fighting will roll into their relatively safe and peaceful neighbourhoods.
The World Federation’s Ramadhan Relief Fund ensures that thousands of children including orphans have enough food to eat, have suitable clothes to wear and have their other basic needs met – making the Holy month of Ramadhan a month to look forward to.
This Ramadhan, The World Federation is once again inviting children and youth from around the world to join our 4th Annual Children Helping Children Campaign to raise awareness and donations for the Ramadhan Relief Fund. This year, proceeds raised from the Children Helping Children Campaign will fund nutritious meals, clothing and other necessities for thousands of Iraqi kids (including orphans). Every child and youth has the power to make a difference and bring back the smiles on the faces of children in Iraq.
Moms, dads, grandparents, schools, Jamaat leaders, youth committees and community members - please encourage the children in your communities and families to join in on this global effort. Together, let’s make this the best Ramadhan ever for the thousands of Iraqi children who could use a little love and support right now.
HERE IS HOW YOU CAN HELP
RAMADHAN RELIEF 1435: CHILDREN HELPING CHILDREN
3 Simple Steps
1. CHOOSE A FUNDRAISING IDEA that you can find sponsors or donors for
• Drop us an email at email@example.com and let us know: Your full name, age, mailing address, email, and of course, your fundraising idea.
Here are some ideas:
• Create a video or movie
• Make a speech at your Islamic Centre
• Hold a craft or bake sale
• Organize a sports night or tournament
2. CLICK HERE TO CREATE A JUSTGIVING ACCOUNT AND YOUR OWN PERONAL FUNDRAISING PAGE
Now you can fundraise locally and worldwide!
Email your newly set up page to your family and friends and ask them to make a donation.
3. COLLECT YOUR DONATIONS
• Funds collected through www.justgiving.com will automatically be sent to The World Federation
• Funds received by you can be sent to The World Federation office in Stanmore, UK (please email firstname.lastname@example.org for more info) The World Federation has already made arrangements to ensure that aid reaches the children and their families in time for Ramadhan. All donations collected by the children will be added to the Ramadhan Relief Fund.
The people of Iraq are undergoing extremely difficult times. With the escalating violence and the threat of war looming in the region, a humanitarian crisis is slowly unfolding leaving families worried about how their basic needs such as food, clothing and shelter will be met in the coming weeks. Please donate generously to the Ramadhan Relief Fund 1435. This Ramadhan, your contribution will help support these men, women and children in their time of need.
Donate directly to your Jamaat Treasurer
For more information, please email email@example.com
The 2010 monsoon floods in Pakistan called for an urgent need for help in a crisis situation. Thanks to the generous, quick and ongoing support of donors from around the globe, The World Federation has been active in providing urgent aid, as well as long term support to the affected men, women and children whose lives were uprooted in a matter of minutes. These families lost their homes, their livelihood and in some instances, their loves ones.
March 22nd is World Water Day and to do our part in promoting the basic human right to access clean water, The World Federation completed the construction of 36 water well hand pumps in villages across Pakistan and is building another 92 water wells in the region.