The trip to Iran was a unique experience of its own, a journey unlike any other. It was a journey that left me in awe as I visited Bibi Masuma (AS), prayed under the stars in Jamkaran, sat by the wall of Imam Ar-Redha (AS), and slept in the Jamia, the House of Bibi Masuma (AS).
Shaykh Dr Murtadha Alidina, Head of The World Federation's Islamic Education department, presented a report at The World Federation Executive Council (ExCo) Meeting as part of the Secretariat updates.
Watch the video of Shaykh Dr Murtadha Alidina presenting his report at ExCo in Karachi December 2018
In this video recording of his report, Shaykh Alidina:
- Presents the principles, taken from the Holy Qur’an and Hadith, which the WF-IE has based its approach on;
- Summarises the process taken by the WF-IE to investigate and prepare a compilation of the views;
- Clarifies why it has taken the WF-IE so long to get to this stage;
- Gives examples of where there are problems in the views;
- Makes a suggestion for the way forward.
With regard to the next step, the Executive Council decided that Shaykh Alidina should consult senior scholars in Najaf and Qum, including His Eminence al-Sayyid Ali al-Husayni al-Sistani (may Allah protect our scholars), and get guidance on this matter. It was also decided that in the intervening period, the community should be advised to exercise the path of caution and refrain from speakers where there is a risk of division and misunderstanding of the Shi’a Ithna-‘Ashari faith.
This trip taught me many things; socialising, bravery, individuality independency, responsibility and to stand up for myself.
On Thursday, 13th November 2014, The World Federation India Office organised a Group Discussion Session with the Youth of Mumbai. Shaikh Kumail Rajani - Head of the Islamic Education Department - was the speaker for the session.