This is a story of how a ZCSS graduate is now a sponsor for the scheme, which helps children in deprived areas receive an education.
Posted on Thu, 2015-05-21 17:27
The excellent and renowned Madinah and Bab Summer Courses are one of the highlights of the year at The World Federation. The Islamic Education team is committed to ensuring that the courses continue to reach new heights of excellence, through the spiritual, moral, and educational development of the course participants.
To help achieve this, Islamic Education appoints and trains mentors who are part of the course to help support the development of the participants. Over the coming weeks, Newswire will introduce you to the mentors chosen this year:
1. Brother Mustafa Merali of Qum
2. Brother Hussein Abdallah of Bilal Muslim Mission Kenya
3. Brother Hasan Rocky of Bilal Muslim Mission Kenya
4. Brother Shabbirali Khimji of Tanzania
5. Sister Laila Habib of Nairobi (studying in Qum)
6. Sister Sohaila Ismail Yusuf of Tanzania
7. Sister Rabab Kassam Shaheen of Kenya
8. Sister Masuma Aliya Fazel-Somji of Birmingham
9. Sister Neelam Vakil of India
10. Sister Asma Sultan Ali Hasanali Rashed (studying in Qum)
11. Sister Zahra Zakir Dhanji of Florida
12. Sister Jerrmein Abu Shahba of New Jersey
13. Sister Sabira Rizwan Manji of Tanzania
Would you like to be a mentor for next year? Or do you know someone that would make a good mentor? If so, please email email@example.com
Click here to donate
As the world focuses on the plight of the Syrian people and other refugees fleeing to safer lands in search of a better life, we cannot forget those who are fighting a different kind of battle where the lack of clean water is silently destroying lives in Kenya’s drought affected regions.
March 22nd is World Water Day and to do our part in promoting the basic human right to access clean water, The World Federation completed the construction of 36 water well hand pumps in villages across Pakistan and is building another 92 water wells in the region.